Each and every month at WHFoods, we rely on hundreds of research studies to keep you up-to-date on scientific information about food, nutrition, and health. (For more information about the role of science in our website content, please see Our Approach to Science Research
). Among the featured sections of our website are 100 food profiles and 31 nutrient profiles. In terms of scientific review, we make these profiles one of our website priorities. In each of these profiles, you will find a dedicated References section that contains an alphabetized list of key scientific references involving that particular food or nutrient. In order to make all of these key food and nutrient research references available to you in a single place, we created this WHFoods Reference Library. You can use the radio buttons below to start with either Foods or Nutrients. Then simply choose the specific food or nutrient of interest, and click on it to obtain an alphabetized list of key research references.
Foods & Spices
Nuts & Seeds
Beans & Legumes
Poultry & Meats
Eggs & Dairy
Herbs & Spices
- Amadou I, Yong-Hui S, Sun J et al. Fermented Soybean Products: Some Methods, Antioxidants Compound Extraction and their Scavenging Activity. Asian Journal of Biochemistry Year: 2009 Vol: 4 Issue: 3 Pages/record No.: 68-76. 2009.
- Hang M and Zhao XH. Fermentation Time and Extraction Solvents Influenced in vitro Antioxidant Property of Soluble Extracts of Mao-tofu Fermented with Mucor sp. Biotechnology. 2011;10(1): 60-69 . 2011.
- Hara A, Sasazuki S, Inoue M et al. Isoflavone intake and risk of gastric cancer: a population-based prospective cohort study in Japan. Am J Clin Nutr January 2012, vol. 95, no. 1, pages 147-154. 2012.
- Hidayat M, Sujatno M, Sutadipura N et al. Conglycinin Content Obtained from Two Soybean Varieties Using Different Preparation and Extraction Methods. Hayati Journal of Biosciences. 2011;18(1): 37-42 . 2011.
- Ikeda Y, Iki M, Morita A et al. Intake of fermented soybeans, natto, is associated with reduced bone loss in postmenopausal women: Japanese Population-Based Osteoporosis (JPOS) Study. J Nutr. 2006 May;136(5):1323-8. 2006.
- Oboh G. Coagulants Modulate the Antioxidant Properties and Hypocholesterolemic Effect of Tofu (Curdled Soymilk). Asian Journal of Biochemistry Year: 2006 Vol: 1 Issue: 1 Pages/record No.: 57-66. 2006.
- Ollberding NJ, Lim U, Wilkens LR et al. Legume, Soy, Tofu, and Isoflavone Intake and Endometrial Cancer Risk in Postmenopausal Women in the Multiethnic Cohort Study. JNCI J Natl Cancer Inst (2011) doi: 10.1093/jnci/djr475. First published online: December 12, 2011. 2011.
- Pan HC, Yang DY, Ho SP et al. Escalated regeneration in sciatic nerve crush injury by the combined therapy of human amniotic fluid mesenchymal stem cells and fermented soybean extracts, Natto. Journal of Biomedical Science 2009, 16:75 (23 August 2009). 2009.
- Soyinfo Center. A comprehensive history of soy. Online resource location: www.soyinfocenter.com. 2012; Lafayette, CA, USA. 2012.
- Stanojevic SP, Barac MB, Pesic MB et al. Protein composition in tofu of corrected quality. Acta Periodica Technologica Year: 2010 Vol: 2010 Issue: 41 Pages/record No.: 77-86. 2010.
- Tong X, Li W and Qin LQ. [Meta-analysis of the relationship between soybean product consumption and gastric cancer]. [Article in Chinese]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2010 Mar;44(3):215-20. 2010.
- Zhang W, Tang FY, Yeo MC et al. . Fermentation of group B soyasaponins with probiotic Lactobacillus rhamnosus. Journal of Food Biochemistry, published online, 12 December 2011: doi: 10.1111/j.1745-4514.2010.00524. 2011.